Tuesday, September 10, 2019

September 9/10

Welcome To Music!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jennele Coulson.  I have the pleasure to teach music to you amazingly talented students! It has been so great to come back this year.  Some of you know that I took last year off for the birth of my daughter Alice.  I also have a beautiful son called William.  


The Nitty Gritty Details

Yes, there will be choir this year.  I haven't worked out the details yet but you will get information soon.  It will begin Oct. 1 at lunch time and will end with a Christmas mini-musical.  

This Week

I have met with every class this week!  It was so nice to see everyone.  Here is some highlights!

Kindergarten

  • focus on getting comfortable, understanding beat
  • instrument introduction: djembe (an African drum)
  • How can we keep the beat with our bodies, with our voices
  • difference between speaking, whisper, singing and shouting voices
  • We DANCED!!!
Grade 1/2
  • Read Music Class Today!
  • Played a singing game: Little Sally Walker
  • Reviewed our rhythms ta (quarter note), ti-ti (eighth notes) and quarter rest
  • Instrument Introduction: rhythm sticks



Grade 3/4

  • Read The Really Awful Musicians
  • Played Who Stole The Cookie From The Cookie Jar (speaking on beat)
  • Old Town Road - Kidz Bop version (Form/ Thoughts in a song)

Fun Question For You!
Would you rather be a lion or a tiger? why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment